Terms and Conditions of the MedBiz Innovations Program
hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions” or “Regulations” are available on the organizer’s website: https://www.medbizinnovations.eu
- The organizers of the MedBiz Innovations Program (hereinafter referred to as “MedBiz Innovations Program” or „Mentoring Program” or „Program”) are:
hereinafter referred to as „Main Organizer”.
- The Warsaw School of Economics (al. Niepodległości 162, Warsaw 02-554, NIP no.: PL 525 000 84 07) - through the Student’s Business Club (Studenckie Koło Naukowe Biznesu),
- European Foundation for Entrepreneurship Development (ul. Czerniakowska 24/39, Warsaw, 00-714, NIP no.: 5213894656),
- The official website of the Program (hereinafter referred to as the "Website") is located at: https://www.medbizinnovations.eu.
- The co-organizers of the MedBiz Innovations Program in particular countries other than Poland (hereinafter referred to as “Local Organizer”) are listed at the Website. The tasks of the Local Organizer are explained later in this document. The Local Organizer’s additional regulations can be found on the website of MedBiz edition in particular countries (hereinafter referred to as “Local Website”), listed on the Website.
- Together, the Main Organizer and the Local Organizer are referred as “Organizers”.
- The course of MedBiz Innovations Program in particular countries may differ from the presented in Regulations. In such a case, all differences must be specified in the Local Organizer’s regulations. They overrule § 4. of Terms & Conditions.
- Participation in the MedBiz Innovations Program means acceptance of these regulations.
- MedBiz Innovations Program is a nationwide mentoring program addressed to university students and high school students of age. Its purpose is to develop innovative solutions of an interdisciplinary character, combining medicine, business and modern technologies.
- MedBiz Innovations Program is financed by the Organizers' own resources as well as from funds obtained from partners and sponsors.
- The MedBiz Innovations Program is intended to serve the following purposes:
- developing entrepreneurial attitudes and behaviour among young people,
- developing skills and learning tools to support the transfer of knowledge and skills in different industries,
- developing the ability to think analytically and synthetically among young people, teaching to plan and implement projects, solve problems in a creative way, communicate effectively, seek and use information in practice and make decisions on their basis, cooperate in a team and negotiate,
- creating a positive atmosphere around business activity,
- acquiring interdisciplinary knowledge of medicine, modern technologies, finance, psychology, human resources management and the ability to analyze and interpret data that will provide the basis for effective management of the company and its assets in the future,
- gaining practice in public speeches by the Participants.
Rights and obligations of the Organizer
- The tasks of the Organizer are in particular:
- organization of the MedBiz Innovations Program according to the provisions of these regulations,
- providing logistics and financial resources necessary for the implementation of the Program, excluding any travel costs, accommodation and meals for Participants,
- taking care of proper communication with Program participants and the academic community,
- conducting promotional activities to promote the MedBiz Innovations Program,
- supervising the correct course of the Mentoring Program.
- The Organizer has the right to disqualify the team that violates the provisions of these Regulations.
- In extraordinary cases, the Organizer has the right to promote more teams to the next round, than it would normally result from the Regulations.
- Participants in the MedBiz Innovations Program (hereinafter referred to as "Participant") may be adults under 26 years of age who have the status of university students or high school students.
- Participation in the MedBiz Innovations Program is voluntary and free of charge.
- The MedBiz Innovations Program is team-based, and the teams consist of 5 people.
- There is a possibility to apply for the Program for incomplete teams (already consisting of two to four persons) as well as individual participants.
- Individuals who have registered for the Program individually or are in a team of less than 5 people can be combined into teams with other Participants.
- The choice of the composition of teams in such cases is made by the Local Organizer.
- The Local Organizer reserves the right to admit to the Program teams smaller than five and bigger than 2 people.
- Every Participant is obliged to:
- read the MedBiz Innovations Program Terms and Conditions as well as to comply with them,
- follow all instructions of the Organizers,
- provide real personal data necessary to participate in the Mentoring Program during the application process ,
- inform the Organizer about any irregularities observed during the Mentoring Program.
- Participants have the right to appeal against the Organizer's decision concerning the evaluation of the submitted Competition Entries in writing sent to the address "Students' Business Club, Aleja Niepodległości 162/309A, 02-554 Warsaw" within 3 days from the date of announcement of results. All appeals received within that period will be considered within 7 days from the date of receipt of the appeal.
Organization of the Mentoring Program
- Registration of teams takes place in accordance with the schedule given on the Local Website.
- The Organizers reserve the right to change the date of the registration of teams.
- Each team applies to the competition via the application form available on the Local Website.
- MedBiz Innovations Program is two-stage and consists of:
- first stage (preliminary qualifications),
- second stage.
- The results of each stage are announced on the Program's Local Website.
- The registered teams are obliged to send the Competition Entry to the Local Organizer within the specified deadline.
- The Competition Entry should contain a description of the idea for an innovative solution related to medicine, new technologies and business.
- The Competition Entry must be a PDF file of no more than two pages, the content and graphic design of the Entry may take any form.
- The Competition Entry should be sent to the Local Organizer at the e-mail address provided on the Program’s Local Website.
- In case of failure to deliver the Competition Entry by the participants in due time, the team shall be disqualified.
- After the verification of the submitted Entries, the Local Organizer announces the results of the first stage.
- Teams, which in the opinion of the Local Organizer presented the best ideas, are qualified for the second stage, in a number regulated by Local Organizer’s regulations.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the number of teams qualified for the second stage.
- The teams qualified for the second stage of the Program will be assigned a Mentor - a person supporting the team during the next stage of the Program, an expert in the MedTech business area.
- The Mentor is obliged to hold at least two minimum hour-long meetings with the assigned team in any form, during which the team should develop the idea and create a business model.
- The result of the team’s work should be a complete business plan. Additional requirements are stated in the Local Organizer’s regulations.
- The Organizer reserves the right to award more than one Winner title.
- The documentation concerning the MedBiz Innovations Program elimination is created by a committee consisting of the Organizers. The documentation consists of:
- the committee's evaluation cards,
- Entries submitted by the participants.
- The Winner title will be awarded to teams that will be selected by a committee consisting of the Organizers, experts in the field of MedTech and innovative solutions, invited Mentors and scientists from cooperating universities during the second stage of the competition.
- The list of MedBiz Innovations Program winners is published on the Website, Local Website and on the Program's Facebook page.
Prizes and eligibility
- Specifics regarding the prizes and eligibility are provided in the Local Organizer’s regulations.
- The following terms are used to classify the results of MedBiz Innovations Program participants:
- Winners - the top teams of the second stage of the competition, in the number regulated by Local Organizer’s regulations.
- Finalists - the remaining teams participating in the second stage of the competition.
- The members of the team that takes first place will receive individual cash prizes, in equal height from the amount declared by the Local Organizer on the Program’s Local Website.
- The prize is paid to the members of the winning team based on statements containing the number of an individual bank account submitted individually by each member of the aforementioned Team.
- The Organizers reserve the right to increase the value of prizes and award prizes to the remaining Winners or Finalists, provided that there is available funding for this purpose.
- Participants have the right to appeal against the Local Organizer decision concerning the evaluation of the submitted Competition Entries.
- Specifics regarding the appealing procedure are provided in the Local Organizer’s regulations.
- The Organizers’ decisions regarding Appeal are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Processing of personal data
- By registering to participate in the MedBiz Innovations Program, each Participant confirms that they have read and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The condition for joining the MedBiz Innovations Program is the consent of the adult participant to the processing of their personal data by the Organizer and MedBiz Innovations Program partners. At the same time, the participant acknowledges that:
- the administrator of the personal data processed within the MedBiz Innovations Program is the Warsaw School of Economics (al. Niepodległości 162, Warsaw 02-554, NIP no.: PL 525 000 84 07) - through the Student’s Business Club (Studenckie Koło Naukowe Biznesu),
- personal data will be processed solely for the purpose of carrying out and documenting the MedBiz Innovations Program, publishing the results of the various stages of the MedBiz Innovations Program (including their announcement in the media, on the Internet, on the MedBiz Innovations Program website) and for the purpose of necessary reporting based on the consent given by the participant,
- personal data may be disclosed to other entities solely for the purpose of conducting and documenting the MedBiz Innovations Program, publishing the results of each stage of the MedBiz Innovations Program (including their announcement in the media, on the Internet, on the MedBiz Innovations Program website), for the necessary reporting purposes,
- providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide it is tantamount to not being able to participate in the Program,
- each Participant has the right to access and correct their data,
- each participant has the right to object to further data processing, and in case of consent to data processing, to withdraw it. The exercise of the right to withdraw consent does not affect the processing that took place until the withdrawal of consent,
- each participant has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority,
- taking part in the MedBiz Innovations Program is tantamount to free consent to the use of the Participant's image in the Program's informational or promotional materials and its distribution in the media for this purpose, including the website (photographs and videos reporting on the MedBiz Innovations Program).
- All disputes and claims related to the Program will be settled by the Common Court of Justice having jurisdiction over the Organizer's place of residence.
- The Terms and Conditions may be changed by announcing new content on the Website, provided that the change does not violate the rights acquired by the Participants and does not affect the equal opportunities of the Participants.
- In matters not regulated by the Regulations, the provisions of the generally applicable law shall apply.
- The Terms and Conditions come into force on the day of the Program's commencement.